Selectafly, established in 1980, is a family owned, family run company with a proud history of supplying flies to large numbers of longstanding customers around the world. It's our business. We do the work and we do care!
In 2012 the business was taken over by Martin and Jessica Webster who continue to provide a highly personalised service to fly fishers. Selectafly's aim is to provide you with a knowledgeable and reliable supply of flies from the three Selectafly ranges or as one of a very few approved retailers stocking 100% of the Fulling Mill range, so…wherever you’re fishing and whatever you’re fishing for, we can help.
(we're working on the fly rod!)
Selectafly Original Range
Original Range flies have accounted for enormous numbers of fish for over 30 years. They represent an unbeatable balance of great quality and extremely affordable price, which is why people keep coming back for more year after year. You can also choose from our hand picked selections which offer even more fantastic value for money.
Our boxed fly selections make great presents and are ideal for newcomers to the great sport of fly-fishing. Should you require a box for a particular location or occasion, whether for a specific gift, destination or target species, call us with your requirements and we will be able to tailor our products to suit your needs and/or budget.
Selectafly Pro Range
This range was launched in 2012 to meet the demands of the most discerning angler. Although not yet widely advertised these flies have proved extremely popular and we have already extended the range to include more deadly salmon, trout, bass and mullet flies – many of these patterns exclusive to Selectafly. Our Pro Range fly tiers are probably the best in the business and use only the very best hooks and materials - Tiemco, Whiting etc.
Again, we can supply boxed selections. Call us to discuss your individual needs and we will tailor the contents to suit your destination or target species.
This highly regarded range is known throughout the UK and beyond. Selectafly is an approved supplier, able to offer you 100% of their flies, lures, leader materials, hooks and accessories. We receive stock daily to provide you with their complete range of flies and products.
And More... Accessories
Selectafly now offers a small, but growing, range of carefully chosen items that we have researched and selected because we feel they are the best and we use them ourselves! So whether you desire a beautifully crafted Turralls split cane fly box, Stroft, the world’s best monofilament*, or Grand Max Soft Plus fluorocarbon*, we can supply.
*Don’t just take our word for it - these tippet materials both came top of their respective classes in the prestigious and comprehensive Yellowstone Angler 2012 ‘tippet shootout’ reported in Fly Fisherman Magazine.
- We care passionately about your needs and guarantee your satisfaction.
- We work hard and fast for you, usually despatching orders received before 2.00 pm the same day (orders requiring top up flies from Fulling Mill go out one working day later)
- We are a true one stop shop for all your fly requirements. Our three ranges (nearly 4,000 flies in total) cover all species, locations and budgets.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with our flies, simply return them for a full refund.
- Knowledgable staff - having fished all his life, in 2008 Martin became England’s Loch Style Champion, coming 2nd in the following year’s Spring International. As well as chasing all the UK based fly target fish he has also fished overseas from Belize to Fiji - and many places in between.
- The Selectafly Pro Team is a hugely experienced source of news, techniques, fly patterns etc. from the range of specialist areas that team members represent. This feeds through into the products and service that you receive.
Advice for you
We are happy to offer advice should you require further information about a specific fly, destination, or anything else.
Between ourselves and our Pro Team we have fished in countries in every continent around the world – and the list of countries continues to grow. Because of this extensive experience of fishing around the world, we are in a great (and unbiased!) position to advise you on the flies you will need when you reach your dream destination. In a situation like this our objective is simple – it’s to put a grin on your ghillie or guide’s face when he opens your fly box – a grin that says, “Yes, these will do the job!” Email or phone us and discuss what you require prior to ordering, or add a note to your order so that we may contact you.
We keep you up to date with news from around the fishing world via a regular(ish!) newsletter which includes snippets of fishing reports, news from the industry and tips gained from our contacts to enhance your fishing experience. Sample it yourself - you can sign up for the next newsletter below! If you don't like it simply unsubscribe at any time.